2018 you are here. It happened in a blink, so fast, it snuck up on me. I feel like I never really caught up in 2017. So here I am with a change to make a clean slate fresh start. Probably for 7-8 years instead of having a New Years resolution, I have had a word. A ONE Word that is the main theme for my year. I pray about it and ponder what the word is that would flow in all areas of my life and keep me growing and moving forward.
For 2018, I pondered this late. You see, I have gotten in a rut these last few years where I never seem to be caught up with much of anything, I feel I have fallen behind in where I want to be and where I should be. So it comes as no surprise that at the end of 2017 I hadn’t even given a thought to 2018, until maybe a few days to a week before it was over.
The ONE Word for my 2018 year is going to be this.
Seems to be a weird word for a focus for a whole year, but oh how I need this word in my life. I need it in so many ways and I don’t think I realized that until I pondered the word a little when it kept popping into my mind the last few days.
Here are a few ways I need early in my life starting in 2018.
- I need to wake up early. Not snooze so many times that I literally have less than 30 minutes to make lunches, get myself ready, get kids ready, breakfast and out the door. So cheating myself out of starting the day out right. And my kids for that matter.
- I need to get the kids ready for school early.
- I need to get us out the door every morning early.
- I need to get my kids to school early.
- I need to get to work every day early.
- I need to start my day seeking God early. Not running through the day without even had a quiet minute to think of giving God my day because I was running so behind from the moment I let myself hit snooze one more time.
- I need to plan my kids birthdays early instead of starting the planning just a few days to a week ahead of them.
- I need to anticipate the needs of my family and myself early, instead of realizing when it’s too late, and I’ve missed the opportunity.
- I need to prepare dinner early instead of it being 8-9pm and the kids finally get hungry and ask, what is for dinner….Oh man I thought I had gotten out of that for the evening. Nope.
- I need to be early to clean my house, instead of waiting until I feel like such a mess and the peace is gone from the home because it feels so ick.
- I need to be early in pursuing my goals that are in my heart so that I don’t let them slip by.
So there’s my reasons for my ONE word for 2018. To be EARLY.
I will update my progress every month and hope to grow so much in this. It’s time for a little early in my life.